I Want To Focus on Painting This Year

 


Baby Girl
7x10" oil painting on gessoed wood panel
*I'm aware she's a male bird

I admit I am drawn to black and white images and really love my charcoal drawings and rare occasional graphite studies, but this year I want to focus more on painting. I have all these mini-canvas and some wood panels that are stuffed in a drawer and boxes waiting to be painted on. I also have watercolor, acrylics, oil pastels, and now Pan Pastels (Shoutout to GamerPrince25 on Twitch for the PanPastels! I truly appreciate it!). I especially need to practice more with watercolor.

I'm a self-taught artist who didn't have access to really good tutorials. With all the resources I can easily find today without having to pay an astronomical amount, I'm taking advantage of watercolor tutorials rather than figuring it all out on my own like I did with drawing. For those who know me, I wasn't thrilled having to be the "I have to figure it out on my own" type of self-taught artist. Don't get me wrong. 

Not saying the lessons/classes that cost hundreds or even a few thousand aren't worth it, but I'm just one of those who cannot afford it at this time (If you can afford these lessons without ending up homeless, missing utility bills, and/or skipping out on food, go for it!).

I have been lurking on Youtube and learning from watching artists like Yong Chen, Misulbu, and J. Hunsung paint beautiful works. They're wonderful and I also linked their Youtube channels to their names if you would love to check them out. 

This does not mean I quit drawing or anything this year. I just want to paint some more. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Croquis Cafe - I WOULD NOT Use Them - Here's Why

I've Dealt With Various Styles, But Only Offer One for Commissions. Why?